Need help to move to New Orleans

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Dan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help to move to New Orleans

Post by Dan »

My name is Dan. I am a single father of 3. I live in Michigan. Our state has been hit very hard by this recession. Unemployment is horrible. It is nearly impossible to find work here. I recently found that there are many jobs in New Orleans that I am qualified to do. Unfortunately since I cannot find a job here I cannot save the money I need to move. I have looked all over the internet, and locally for help with moving expenses, but I cannot find anything. All of the "grant sites" have a fee to join them. If I had the money to pay them, I wouldn't need help. I can find a way to New Orleans, but once I get there I will have no place to stay. With no money I cannot get an apartment, or even a room. My parents have agreed to watch the children while I go down and find a job and a place, so it would just be me. I need to either find the money for a place,or find someone with a spare room, or even a garage that they would be willing to let me stay in for about a month while I save up the money for a place. I am willing to cook and clean and do home repairs in exchange for rent. I need to do this for my children. I hate not being able to provide for them. It makes me feel horrible that I have been reduced to begging for help, but I am at my wits end. I am planning to go down there in the second week of June regardless of whether or not I find a place because I have to do this. If anyone can help, or knows of an organization or person willing to help please email me. My email address is rayven2872@yahoo.com, and I am constantly checking it. This is also my paypal address. Someone please help me. Thank You, Dan
Lawnizcek
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Need help to move to New Orleans

Post by Lawnizcek »

Hello. I'm a disabled person that has asthma, and take's my machine twice a day that have not have it. Another thing is the doctor told me that I have a mass on my kidney that could be 80% chance of cancer.
To say this that the landlord that I rent from in New Orleans is closing down the house I stay in now for one the plugs in my room don't work. They been like that ever since July of last year. The bathtub the piece where you cut the water on been like that ever since a week before Christmas. He has not fixed that when it rains.
I also rains in here over the stove, down my wall and to top it off I have mole growing in the corner of my walls. I show it to my doctor and she said that can lead to lung cancer. I call the city Inspector to come out and they gave him 30 days to fix everything, but he haven't been here last month. Then before this month come in the cut's the water off and the 5th of this month he cuts the lights off to remind you he didn't give us a 30 days’ notice or anything.
He just want us to get out. OK I have no place to live or go in New Orleans. I also have my daughter and granddaughter here as well, so I want to see if you could send me a voucher until next month to a hotel here in New Orleans. Please we live in a house with no water or lights. Please we in a crisis. Can you please help us?