I need Transportation for a marine to get to camp

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Hilton
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I need Transportation for a marine to get to camp

Post by Hilton »

Hello,
I was wondering if you happened to know of any programs that might help me get to Camp Pendleton by October 28th (well 26-28). You see my son will be graduating boot camp from the marines and me and my wife are both on disability, so we really only get by with enough to pay our bills, but we are blessed to receive that.
I'm hoping to see him graduate because he has just done so much by turning his life around and going through Marine boot camp. My wife and I are not able to both go so I was hoping I could if I could find some help. I know that people can donate airline miles to different agencies, but didn't know if the public were able to get help in that way. I'm going to stay on base so it's a lot cheaper than the area hotels at $40 dollars a night. Thank you very much for any information you can give me. So $80 for 2 nights of on base lodging, $375 for airplane ticket, $50 shuttle fees, $100 Food, other items. Estimate $605 - Miscellaneous.
Thanks again for any assistance you can offer.
I have applied for assistance through the USMC Graduation Foundation and was told I was awarded help, but was only told if funds become available they will let me know a week before my son’s graduation. On their site it states the average award is $250. I'm so grateful for that, so I feel ashamed to seek any additional assistance.
I also sent an email to the Salvation Army Bartlesville, OK office about assistance but never received a reply. I just want to be upfront and let you know the agencies I have contacted.
Beckquick
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need Transportation for a marine to get to camp

Post by Beckquick »

Hi, My name is Alexander from Murfreesboro Tennessee. I am 18 years old going to the Marines. I will be stationed in Europe, Bulgaria but was recently adopted and disowned by my family. So I need a ride to the Marine base in NC so I can deploy. I’m a high school senior without transportation. I have applied for a lot of places to look for rides and no one has called me. I looked on Facebook market for cars for sale and was telling people that I’m willing to give them all I have for a car so that I can get a ride to the Marine camp and provide for myself because I’m without parents and a job. I was wondering if there’s anyway to reach out to the government for help because I really need a car, thank you for your time and if you’d like to reach out.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need Transportation for a marine to get to camp

Post by Admin »

Thank you for your service. Now while have no idea whether this will help or not, try a non emergency transportation program. They often help with medical, but services vary. Maybe they know of a place that helps military members, and look here for non emergency transportation.