successful application

Find how to get help with rent
survivors
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

successful application

Post by survivors »

I wonder if anyone in this group have found help with rent/bills, if so, how did you do it? How long it takes and where to apply? Please advise, we are having difficult time and I need urgent help with bills & rent.I live in Connecticut. Appreciate any input. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: successful application

Post by Admin »

Connecticut has numerous rent assistance programs, and ways to get help with bills. One housing program is known as Connecticut Rental Assistance Program (RAP). This helps people find housing, apartments, etc, and can provide some short term grants to help people pay rent and moving expenses and what not.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
survivors wrote:I wonder if anyone in this group have found help with rent/bills, if so, how did you do it? How long it takes and where to apply? Please advise, we are having difficult time and I need urgent help with bills & rent.I live in Connecticut. Appreciate any input. Thanks.
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

We are a family size of five. There four children and myself on a part time income and no child support from non custodial parent. We are need of rental assistance due to when my application for section 8 housing is including child support that is on our divorce papers from non custodial parent but has not been paid for over four months. No custodial parent refuses to pay until he is found by state to proceed child support payments. I'm currently working part time for SAISD and during the holidays I do not receive any type of income. Any assistance in completing the application successfully and that can be provided for my rent would be gladly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

We do not really understand your question/issue with child support, section 8, etc. But we would recommend that you call on a public housing authority, or PHA for information. Maybe they can give you what you need, or help you apply for a housing choice voucher.
Dustin wrote:We are a family size of five. There four children and myself on a part time income and no child support from non custodial parent. We are need of rental assistance due to when my application for section 8 housing is including child support that is on our divorce papers from non custodial parent but has not been paid for over four months.