First, last, and security needed

Find how to get help with rent
JohnsonD
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

First, last, and security needed

Post by JohnsonD »

Recently had an accident required surgery then 2 additional hospitalizations, blood clots, and had blood infection. Being evicted from a friend that's daughter just had a baby and no room for us any longer as she needs us out immediately. We need first, last and security. Husband just secured a job. My SSI application in process. Also, have a challenged child whom is 23 years old and have been unable to secure SSI for him.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: First, last, and security needed

Post by Admin »

That is a lot to ask...first, last month rent, and security deposits. But we have many programs listed for rental assistance, and find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... _rent.html
The 23 year old should get a job like everyone else...as if SSI is denying them that implies they can work, have ability, etc.
JohnsonD wrote:Recently had an accident required surgery then 2 additional hospitalizations, blood clots, and had blood infection. Being evicted from a friend that's daughter just had a baby and no room for us any longer as she needs us out immediately. We need first, last and security. Husband just secured a job. My SSI application in process. Also, have a challenged child whom is 23 years old and have been unable to secure SSI for him.
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

I am writing to get information for my sister. She is a single Mother of 4 children (13 y/o girl, 9 y/o girl 8 y/o twins boy and girl).
She has been trying to find housing for 3 months and has been rejected everywhere. She receives a disability check, and child support, but has poor credit so needs money for rent, first and last month too. ALL low income apartments have rejected her. She is on the verge of homelessness and her kids are supposed to start school in 2 weeks. They all have been staying in my Uncles basement, which was only supposed to be for a few weeks until she found housing.
How can a single Mom, who can pay rent but not security or last month of rent, end up in the streets?!?! Rejected by everyone!! Are there any low income places that do not depend on a good credit score to rent?
Please, please, please point me in a direction to help her with housing! Please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can point you in the right direction for both housing and rent help in Charlotte. As we have bother covered on the website, using that link. But the city of Charlotte has modern, more expensive housing and also countless older, affordable units. So your sisiter has many options.
Martin1 wrote:I am writing to get information for my sister. Please, please, please point me in a direction to help her with housing! Please.