Find how to get help with rent
Mybadder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless parents

Post by Mybadder »

Hi there,
I am inquiring of services to help my parents (64 and 68) from becoming homeless. My mother has been unemployed for over 5 years and unable to reestablish employment and therefore has been scraping by on food stamps, and very little social security. On top of this, she is buried in debt from student loans from over a decade ago.
My father has just recently been "released" from his employment of over 7 years and is also now struggling to find a new job while still paying off credit debt. They both have very little savings and will/do not collect enough of a pension to be able to retire. Yet they are now both unemployed with no hope for sustainable work, and do not have
Enough money to pay their bills or buy food past next month (August 2015). Therefore, eviction from their home (a dilapidated mobile home on a rented lot) is imminent. They both are California residents in Santa Clara County, I am inquiring from Portland, Oregon. And I would like to be steered in a useful and productive direction to options in keeping them off of the streets.
Thank you for your time,
Sweetie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Homeless parents

Post by Sweetie »

Hello! My daughter and I have been struggling with chronic illness and homelessness in Linn and Johnson County, Iowa for 17 years.
We have attended several home churches and have requested housing assistance such as a room to rent for $200.
Do you know of any churches in the United States that provides a long term solution, as I want to be a good parent for my kid? Affordable housing that provides stability.
Thank you!