Find how to get help with rent
JoeQuick
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homelessness in Indiana

Post by JoeQuick »

Good Morning:
My state is Indiana. I received my last state unemployment payment on Monday. The State unemployment office has given me misinformation on filing for federal emergency unemployment, subsequently, that information has disrupted that avenue.
As of today, I have no income and the state unemployment office could not tell me how long it would take to correct the error. My rent is due May. Late fees will be added on June. Eviction is filed on June. I am a single mother with a 9 year old daughter. I lost my job to layoff on October. I would like to find out if I qualify for assistance from the Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. Thank you for your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Homelessness in Indiana

Post by Admin »

We can't tell you if you are qualified for the Indiana Homeless Prevention and Rapid Rehousing Program. You nee to apply yourself. Bring proof of income, termination due to layoff, etc. But if the unemployment office gave you incorrect info, sue them as well. As that is just wrong, especially if it leads to you being evicted. Find other Indiana homeless assistance programs to apply too as well.
JoeQuick wrote:My state is Indiana. The State unemployment office has given me misinformation on filing for federal emergency unemployment, subsequently, that information has disrupted that avenue.
GogoJill

Post by GogoJill »

I am 24 years old with a 1 year old son. I had recently got a one bedroom apartment because I was forced to get my own place, my auntie put me out. I had become behind on my rent for 4 months because my car broke down and I could not get to work and I could not take my son to daycare. Now I am in a hole of $1,815 and they are threatening to evict me.
I live in Lake Shore Dunes in Gary Indiana and about to be homeless. I really need your help I have never been in this predicament but this time I can’t do it myself. Please hear my cry. I can be contacted at this email.
Prentis

Post by Prentis »

On March 13th I was pushed out of a job along with 12 others. I am 1.5 months behind on rent which totals to $540.00 due on 6/8/2018 or I am out on the street and homeless. I have been to WorkOne and all 6 of the employment agencies in Terre Haute, Indiana. I have a phone interview today, with hope I will get this job. But I need to cover my rent now. Can you help me?