Single mom of disabled kids and I have cancer

Find how to get help with rent
Miller
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Single mom of disabled kids and I have cancer

Post by Miller »

I am a single mom newly diagnosed with breast cancer on December 18, 2014. I have a full time job taking care of a
severely disabled 11 year old boy. Numerous doctor appointments and recovery from a needle core biopsy has made me miss
several work days since diagnosis. I am doing everything in my power to make up the hours but am facing imminent
surgery, radiation etc for treatment.
I do not have enough money for rent. I am a mother to a 7 year old, 20 year old
on the autism spectrum and 22 year old who is home for 6 more months before heading off to med school. I make $15.50 an
hour currently but will not be able to do my job for a period of time after surgery. Help!!!
silva
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom of disabled kids and I have cancer

Post by silva »

I live in Johnson County Missouri and was told to try to contact you for assistance with bills. I'm a single mom on a limited income with a disabled child. I am seeking employment however have had a difficult time finding anything.
I do not receive child support or outside help for the disabled kid. I currently am on prepaid service for my electric company there for I struggle to come up with cash to keep the electric on. It has been shut off 3 times just this month since I am behind on the bill half of what I pay them goes toward past due amount which is about $400.
My home phone has been suspended due to being 3 months behind. At this time I don't know what else to do, I am not one to ask for help but have falling on hard times and trying to get back on my feet. I am seeking any type of assistance that may be available with keeping my electric on.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single mom of disabled kids and I have cancer

Post by Admin »

Both of you who emailed us, we do not provide housing or rent help ourselves. We just give information. And we have tons (thousands!) of charities, non-profits, government agencies, etc. listed. some focus on single mothers as well, but not matter what you can apply anywhere you want for rent assistance.