Housing for limited income SSI

Find how to get help with rent
Magic
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Housing for limited income SSI

Post by Magic »

I am inquiring about finding housing for a 29 white female on SSI. She is currently renting a room in Pomona, CA but the amount leaves her with only $70 after paying rent and she is struggling. She will soon be possibly homeless when the rent is raised in January to $725. If you have any low-income based availability, or resources, we would be very appreciative to have the opportunity to find her a new affordable home. Thanks in Advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Housing for limited income SSI

Post by Admin »

There is no way $725 per month is enough to pay for rent, food, and other bills. Assistance from an agency will not cover those expenses either. She is young at 29, so should be working. She will also need to live with a roommate or someone else to share the housing costs. For more suggestions on methods to get help with her rent, try these resources. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _rent.html
[
Wando

Post by Wando »

I am a mother of 2, and my kids are on SSI. I have a job, but it doesn't pay enough. I am facing an eviction because I can't get the balance of my rent paid for this month. I have been on the waiting list for government assistance for 3 years now. I have been told because I have a job that I can't qualify for help.
Please help. I am desperate. I have even move to reduce my rent by 150.00 from the last place and am still having trouble.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your 2 kids are on SSI, this will help you qualify for disability housing programs. But yes, this is a government run HUD program so there will be a wait list. As any government program has. But apply, and get on the SSI housing list.
Wando wrote:I am a mother of 2, and my kids are on SSI.