My disability will not cover short term housing

Find how to get help with rent
Ahmed
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My disability will not cover short term housing

Post by Ahmed »

I'm a 69 year end and disabled, but do not require any special accommodation. However, while living on $854 SSI, I definitely qualify for affordable – tax-credited or subsidized housing WHICH I CAN NOT FIND. I have my applications in over two dozen places, but everywhere are long waiting lists. I have also applied with the Seattle King County Housing Authorities, but they quickly rejected my application because they allegedly do not accept the new applications for 1 bedroom apartments due to the too long waiting list.
I'm a frugal man, but I can not rent the suitable apartment from the open market even when I would be willing to pay the landlord almost all my SSI for rent. They have alleged King County requirement that the prospective tenant must have the income 3x of the rent which ranges around $800 - $1,100 for a modest but decent apartment.
I live and had worked in King County for past 35 years and my current lease ends on June 1st. The landlord won't renew it, and to find the suitable decent place to live is extremely stressful and absolutely hopeless. Consequently, I am going to be homeless just because despite of my enormous effort couldn't find the affordable – tax-credited or subsidized housing for which I qualify, and the landlords at the open market disqualify me because of my low fixed income.
I have 5 stints implanted into my heart and suffer by potentially grave heart disease. Due to it, I had already been in the doorway of the “other world” twice before. I don't try to be pathetic, but rather than after years of work become homeless, I contemplate to go “there” now permanently on my own.
I have come across your website offering the rent assistance and your offer looks very real. I definitely need the help you offer, because those entities that provide the real help won't help me after hearing my foreign accent. ::However, if your help should be just a referral to some other agencies than DO NOT waste my time and yours. Also DO NOT tell me how sorry you are and just leave me alone. I was in the labyrinth of those self-serving agencies at least hundred times before and won't go through it one more time.
TesSLund

Re: My disability will not cover short term housing

Post by TesSLund »

Hello there,
My husband and I really need some help paying our rent. We have two disabled babies ages 21 months and 8 months. He is the only one with a job only making a little amount of money a month. And I stay at home with our kids and cash in the disability. I don't know if I'm in the right place or if you could point me in the right direction on where I can get this help. I would appreciate everything you can do. Hope I hear back from you!
Terence

Post by Terence »

To Whom It May Concern:
My husband lost his job and I just started back working a couple of weeks ago as we are recovering from disability. We owe our Landlord for 2 months now; and she has stated that she is going to put the house up for Section 8 - of which we do not qualify. If/when she finds someone that does qualify; then we will be evicted if the total amount owed is not paid to her in full. Can you all please give us some financial assistance or disability programs to help us get back on our feet?
We will be willing to pay the money back for our housing once our finances start back to rolling in for us. Please give us a call as soon as possible. I live near the NC DOT in Garner, NC. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you and have a pleasant day. Cordially,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are willing to pay the money back, then you may want a loan? Try this for information.
www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/find_free_loans.html
Also it will take the landlord a long time to get the house in the section 8 program...probably months. So you have time to borrow money, pay the rent, and even pay off the free loan all before that can be done.
Terence wrote:To Whom It May Concern:
My husband lost his job and I just started back working a couple of weeks ago as we are recovering from disability. We owe our Landlord for 2 months now; and she has stated that she is going to put the house up for Section 8 - of which we do not qualify. If/when she finds someone that does qualify; then we will be evicted if the total amount owed is not paid to her in full. Can you all please give us some financial assistance or disability programs to help us get back on our feet?
We will be willing to pay the money back for our housing once our finances start back to rolling in for us. Please give us a call as soon as possible. I live near the NC DOT in Garner, NC. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you and have a pleasant day. Cordially,