Find how to get help with rent
AJ Hershel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am a veteran and need deposit help or will be homeless

Post by AJ Hershel »

Good day,
I am here in Lufkin Texas, and I am in need. I am a veteran that has an honorable discharge, I currently have a part time job, but I find myself in a very dire place. I need to get out where I'm living at immediately, and I have been blessed to find the perfect place. However, I need a little help, I am more than able to pay my monthly bills, rent and all other things, and so that's a blessing. However, I need to get out of this dwelling now, it’s on the verge of becoming hostile.
I called all I know to call and here in Angelina County, and all I'm told is no help is available. All I’m ask is the deposit of $475, and first month rent of $575 to be paid, and I can do the rest. This is also a HUD approved place, and I have applied. So I'm ever to come up for the voucher, I will be able to stay in the same place. So I'm begging, please find someone or someway to be of good service to another freedom protector.
Here is thanking you in advance,
Offtherack

Re: I am a veteran and need deposit help or will be homeless

Post by Offtherack »

I am a low-income, senior, veteran who has been given notice to quit. I was homeless previous to my current situation.
I have been notified by the new owners of this apartment complex that they do not want Section 8 (probably because there is a limit on how much they can charge). So I have been given notice to move. I am in contact with my housing assistant @ HUD.
This brings up several difficult issues for me:
I am a 63-year-old woman with physical issues (painful arthritis in back, knee, hands).
I have no one to help me move.
My pension is too small to have saved any money.
I have no money for movers or truck rental.
My apartment is tiny & really crowded. I don't have room to pack boxes.
I don't have money for all the initial fees that will be required at a new residence.
Is there any help available for these issues?
I could even use suggestions for sources of boxes (craigslist has not been useful).
Thank you very much for your assistance & suggestions.
Boehner

Post by Boehner »

I need help with deposit assistance, my landlord has evicted us and we are having to relocate. We have found several homes but need help with deposit. We have contacted our landlord numerous times to get extension on court but as always no return call, this is how he treated us through the past 2 years.....when the heat went out no return call, when the sewer backed up into my living room, no return call.
We paid for the A/C unit to be repaired again because he would not return our calls for fixing it. My light bill has been 500 and going up every month for the past 6 months. So now myself and wife and 3 kids are going to be homeless in about a week. Any help or pointing to someone who can help would be greatly appreciated....... thanks......
Gazelle

Post by Gazelle »

I am about to be evicted from my apartment. I am a 12 year Active Duty Army Veteran that was recently separated from service honorably. I am having an issue finding employment and a deposit for a new home, and I have been relying on unemployment up to this point. Unemployment is no longer available and I am without a job or a way to pay my rent or the security deposit. I was just told that I will be receiving my 3 day notice from my landlord tomorrow if I do not pay. I don't know what to do! Please help!
HollyJ

Post by HollyJ »

I'm a 60 year old disabled veteran, living on limited resources along with my 58 year old spouse, is also disabled, currently in a hospital here in Houston due to complications from open heart surgery back on 11/25/2015 to repair mitral valve. We are told by physicians that she will need heart transplant or heart pump because of very weak heart function. Not only has this been a very mental stressing event for us, but also financially stressing. We need help with a deposit to move into a more healthy environment.
We are both on fixed income and have combined income of less than $2000 monthly. But we have lived at this residence since 01/2011 to now and have never been late on rental payments of $795 during this period, but since we both have respiratory problems and my spouse uses oxygen at home and the both of us use nebulizers, we need to move into a more healthy environment due to our health and I have pictures that will show some of the unhealthy conditions we currently live in due to landlord not doing yearly property maintenance.
We are most worried about the air duct contamination and growing mold in the home. Also everything in the home have brown stains on the walls, air ducts, closet contents, windows and blinds. It has become I feel like a very toxic environment and a treat to both of our well-being.
We very much need to move to a move to a safer healthier environment but financially unable to do so. Also wanted to know if I'm eligible for any type permanent rental assistance based on my situation. We were almost homeless, but I waited on the Houston housing authority housing choice voucher wait list for six to seven long years for deposit help until late 2013 when my lottery number came up. But was denied a voucher because I would not accept a one bedroom voucher, and move into a one bedroom residence.
The housing authority wanted me to move my family into, which includes my 84 year old mother who I share care responsibilities with my sisters, and it was very unfair and unreasonable for me to pay storage fees for our personal property and move me, my spouse, and mother into a one bedroom unit. Everything in this request can be documented including medical records.
Most of the information you sent to me has to do with assistance for families.
JMichales

Post by JMichales »

I am a recently out veteran in need of help with my first month rent and deposit. I make enough to make the bills however I just started a new job and haven't gotten on my feet yet. I have three service dogs under 15lbs each and don't know who to turn to for help with this. I am working in Cleburne, TX.
Please help,
Be White

Post by Be White »

Hello my name is Michael. I was a homeless disabled veteran and priority veterans helped me get into a home but recently the landlord had a dispute between themselves and it changed ownership. I need deposit help or I will be homeless again. They tried kicking me out but the police told them they must honor the agreement and made them leave.
The next day however they turned my power and water off in retaliation... My power and water has been included the entire time... This ruined all my food and has put me in a serious bind also making it so I can not clean or handle personal hygiene.
I seriously need help ASAP! Please and Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thank you for your service Michael. Maybe the Homebound Pension will help you. It is a government benefit for veterans with a disability. There is housing, cash, job services and more offered. Look here for information on Homebound Pension.
Be White wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:40 pm Hello my name is Michael. I was a homeless disabled veteran and priority veterans helped me get into a home but recently the landlord had a dispute between themselves and it changed ownership.