Security deposit assistance in Florida

Find how to get help with rent
Britney
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Security deposit assistance in Florida

Post by Britney »

My family and I live in Florida are in desperate need of security deposit assistance. We have two children. My husband is mentally and physically disabled and I am his caretaker searching for employment. We are not able to make are bills this month. If we do not pay our rent or deposit by 12-5-2013 we will get a 4-day eviction. We are on our own we have no family to help us. If we could get financial assistance one time it would we would be back on our feet. We are about to loose everything. Can you please help our family. I do not have a phone just my gmail. If I need to get a phone I could borrow a neighbors. Much better through gmail. My husband is so mentally gone he cannot help me. I have tried not to let my girls know our situation. Please help me. I don't know where to turn. I have tried 211 so many times they never answer the phone or sorry no appointment. He gets a disability check every month we are just 600.00 away from being on the streets. I do not want to loose my girls. please help. Thank you.
Martin1

Re: Security deposit assistance in Florida

Post by Martin1 »

I don't like asking anyone for help but I need help. The home I’ve been renting for 11 years in Florida, landlords lost home due to foreclosures now I have to move I got no money for first month rent. The new house I found rents 1300. I have my two children living with me due to me having to move I don't have no money for food no money for bills. I do not have no Christmas money due to I had to scrape up money to pay for the deposit on the new rental house. I'm on section 8 but they don't pay for first months rent. Can you please can you help us. Thank you for you time. This is tearing my family a part. Please help.
Libby

Post by Libby »

Hello, I'm an 18 year old college student. I was seeking assistance with putting down a security deposit. My father passed away earlier this year and my family has been finding it difficult to make ends due. My mother since moved with an older brother of mine in south Miami Florida. I could not leave the Pompano beach area because it's close to my jobs and school. I need to find a place to live however I'm having difficulty meeting the prerequisites of the apartments.
Ranson1

Post by Ranson1 »

I need your help ASAP! I just moved to Florida from another state, and my reason to graduate from college late next year in an online college course. I am homeless right now with me and my two daughters and our two small pets. No one, not even the churches here helping me and that is not of God.
I found a place for us to live, but they are require to have deposit and first month rent before I can move in. I am on section 8 and been homeless for 1 month and 1 week now, and I do have my voucher transferred here, but I just need financial help right now and not being successful with it.
I’ve tried all that I can do to get me and my daughters out of this situation, and other resources are tied up between Florida and Miami. I need first month rent and deposit, PLEASE HELP ME! WE ARE TIRED, HUNGRY AND HOMELESS, PLEASE HELP ME! I AM ON DISABILITY, AND NEED TO START SEEING SOME DOCTORS FOR MEDICAL ISSUES FOR I AM NOT STABLED IN A HOME YET.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many agencies do not help with security deposits. Or if they do, only a partial payment may be made. It doesn't matter whether you are new to Florida or any state for that matter. The resources are always limited. Sometimes the section 8 agencies will have ideas for deposits, so ask the PHA in Florida that you are working with. In addition to those suggestions, learn more on organizations for security deposits in Florida.
JimmyIven

Post by JimmyIven »

Hi,
I am not sure you will be able to help me but hopefully you can direct me to the right place. My husband and I just moved to Florida last month. We are Canadians and we want to live here permanently, but need a deposit paid. I found a job in a call center and I will start Monday March 24th. The wage is 13-14$ an hour. It is in Fort Lauderdale. We live with a friend but we can't stay there any longer. He lives quite far (in West palm beach). We do not have a car and it is really hard to get an apartment without a credit. We really need help with the security deposit too. I hope that you can.
Thank you and have a good one.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

To whom it may concern:
I live in Pinellas County, FL. My family, and I are homeless, and we are looking for temporary assistance with housing, and deposits. My sister is working full-time, and I am desperately seeking employment.
We have found a place, and we were approved, but I have lost my job. The landlord is desperate to rent the Townhouse, and may possibly lower the rent from 1300 to 11, or 1200 for 6 months until we can afford the asking price. I am expecting a tax refund, but I need to amend my return since I claimed my sisters 2 children, and they are requesting additional documents, so it may take 6-8 weeks to receive my refund.
We have been staying in a hotel for the last 4 days, and we have run out of funds. If you provide hotel vouchers temporarily until we can find a solution, I would be so grateful.