Now renting after a foreclosure

Find how to get help with rent
JoseR1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Now renting after a foreclosure

Post by JoseR1 »

I am disabled and my husband is unemployed. He is going to try and apply for disability also as he has really bad arthritis. We live in Ozark, Alabama and were told they were no longer accepting section 8 applications. I get $972.00 a month from SSDI which is our only income. We lost our house to foreclosure on September 6, 2013 and now are having to rent which is almost impossible on our income. Any help or info where to get help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!
Var12

Re: Now renting after a foreclosure

Post by Var12 »

Hi, I have a 6 year old daughter. I rent out rooms in the back of a house for 400 a month plus 1/2 of the utilities. I have a twin sister that rents a room next to me also 400. She shares that room with her 3 young boys. Our landlord doesn't like us to use the kitchen so we eat out a lot and waste even more money.
A week ago he told us he upping our rent because he has facing a foreclosure and when we told him we won’t be able to make it much longer he said he will move somebody else in next month so we will be homeless again. It seems we won't be getting much of a Christmas. The only thing we would want is help getting in a new place a better environment for the kids. If you please could help us we our willing to give back in any way to help you guys as well. We do both work and have a car we share we just need help with the first month’s rent or deposit. Thank you for your time
Talena Fitzpatrick

Post by Talena Fitzpatrick »

My rent is $875, I only have $200 of it this month, and my husband lost his job and is desperately trying to find a new one. We lost our home due to foreclosure after he lost his job. Rent is due the 1st. Its myself and 3 kids living here. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. If there's any help available for electric our bill is at almost $800 we would appreciate that also. Thank you very much and God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are the resources for Cecil County. Read more.
They may have what you are looking for...maybe they can supplement the $200 you have. Or help you get a job, etc.
Talena Fitzpatrick wrote:My rent is $875, I only have $200 of it this month, and my husband lost his job and is desperately trying to find a new one.