Leaving halfway house

Find how to get help with rent
Dannyd
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Leaving halfway house

Post by Dannyd »

My son is 25, and was put in jail in October for a domestic dispute and is only getting a court date this Thursday in Broward County FL. His lawyer is expecting that he will probably be let out on time served. All of his family lives in OH. My son went to FL to a halfway house after a month in rehab and that's how he ended up down there. Anyway, if he gets out, he literally has nowhere to go. I'm trying to find someone with services in transitional housing or something until he can secure a job and an apt. or just even a place to stay for a couple of nights. I know in OH, they give people money towards rent and food until they are on their feet. My son can't do much from where he is right now so I am trying to help him find something before Thursday. Do you know of any services that might be able to help him??
Direct1
anti spam: Blue

Re: Leaving halfway house

Post by Direct1 »

I need help with my rent. I am about to have to be out of my apartment, which in a halfway house, on the first if I cannot give my landlord any rent. Also I don’t have any electric on for almost a month and I cannot afford the 400 dollars they want to turn my electric back on. I don’t have anybody to stay with at all and I am 19 years old and I’m terrified of the shelter or being homeless.
I have had problems on my own and affording to live since I was released from NYS custody when I turned 18. now I have no options and no family. Please help me.
Bamburg

Post by Bamburg »

I am 60 disabled and receive setion *8 housing assistance. I was just given a reasonable Accommodation rent increase to rent An apartment unit. It has taken 8 months to get.
I received an email from my case worker marked urgent that unless I can come up with the $450 deposit immediately for the landlord he will rent it out from under me to someone else, and then I would need to probably live in a halfway house.
Yelm Washington community services has no funds, Thurston county housing has no funds, and community action council has no funds. I am disabled and have no dependable transportation right now. My Son is out of town and can help with some on the first but now the Landlord wants it now. If I don't get this unit I will be homeless, living in halfway house with a broke down truck.
Pease I need to be able to do this over the phone or computer.
Do you know anyone who could help with this deposit money? I’ll pay it back if I can make payments please.
Layla Jenner

Post by Layla Jenner »

Would like to start to thank you for your time. I’m looking for transitional housing for sober living and addiction recovery homes or maybe a halfway house. I’m in a toxic abusive relationship and he knows I have nowhere to go and it’s a Horrible way to have to live. I’m working on my sobriety one day at a time and it would be a blessing if I could find a grant or voucher to get me in my feet for a halfway house. I can definitely pick up the pieces from there. I tried the shelters and was one of the worst experiences. I was robbed and couldn't get any sleep. My goal is to be sober and living solely by myself. Ty for your time and any resources you can provide will help me out.
Sincerely
Chelsea
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are leaving a halfway house, try transitional housing. there are a number of programs nationwide and locally. Many require drug test, maybe minimal rent and/or people do contribute to the home. Look here for transitional housing for adults.