South King County Washington Desperation for rent/food/utili

Find how to get help with rent
duchesssammi
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

South King County Washington Desperation for rent/food/utili

Post by duchesssammi »

Has really been taking its toll on me and my husband's health.
I have been on Full/Permanent disability since 2006 For severe Spinal Issues, Fibromyalgia, Carpal tunnel both hands, and on and on...
My Husband has arthritis throughout various parts of his body, Chronic Migraines, BUT no matter what he is and always was a work-a-holic! Well for the past 3 years he has searched high and low and no full time job!!! Only these piddly Part/Time jobs that don't pay very much.
My husband has over 25 years in Home Maintenance and Repair, he is a certified home inspector, certified in Mold remediation..and whatever else goes with that.
He has a class A CDL...He repairs electronics and all appliances...

Sooo needless to say he is at expert level in all these areas..So what the heck?? Why is no-one hiring him??? He is not some big bully -with a know it all attitude (even though he does) He is very docile and respectful to people...Doesn't Drink At All. Doesn't smoke and never has, never did any type of street drug...
So Again what the heck????

So since of course the last job that he was at that went under,,was only part time..AND HIS WEEKLY UNEMPLOYMENT OF $3OO. A WEEK..
Plus my Disability SSI check of a whopping $500 a month,,,
OUR rent is $1300.00 a month!!! Not much left after that.

But some how we got backed up buying food!!!Paying My Co-pays for my monthly DR. VISITS, CO-PAYS on prescription medication....

After that and putting gas in his truck and in my car..the money is gone.

So we are now going on 4 months behind in rent...and even though our Landlord has been very patient even giving my husband a list of things to work on in house to deduct off rent...
The breaking point has to be coming!!!
I HAVE called, and called and emailed, and wrote to every single agency in our area they never even call back -Then believe it or not DSHS only gives us $16 a month in food stamps claiming we make too much money!!!!

So I really need advice, where else to turn what to do.......
All utility bills are late and I have been calling and crying and begging them not to turn our electric -water- cable-internet phones..off...

I so appreciate any ideas or hjelp.

Thanks for reading all this

Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: South King County Washington Desperation for rent/food/u

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you have done some of the right things. The only thing we can do at this time is to provide more agencies and groups for you to try calling. Sometimes also face to face may get better results. You make someone take to you in that way, vs. a phone call or letter going into a black hole. Here are Washington state assistance programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/was ... grams.html Many links from there go to utility assistance programs, food, clinics, and much more.
We also have information on King County financial assistance programs, including rent and housing and much more. So try both of these links and resources.
duchesssammi wrote:Has really been taking its toll on me and my husband's health.
I have been on Full/Permanent disability since 2006 For severe Spinal Issues, Fibromyalgia, Carpal tunnel both hands, and on and on...
My Husband has arthritis throughout various parts of his body, Chronic Migraines, BUT no matter what he is and always was a work-a-holic! Well for the past 3 years he has searched high and low and no full time job!!! Only these piddly Part/Time jobs that don't pay very much.
My husband has over 25 years in Home Maintenance and Repair, he is a certified home inspector, certified in Mold remediation..and whatever else goes with that.
He has a class A CDL...He repairs electronics and all appliances...

Sooo needless to say he is at expert level in all these areas..So what the heck?? Why is no-one hiring him??? He is not some big bully -with a know it all attitude (even though he does) He is very docile and respectful to people...Doesn't Drink At All. Doesn't smoke and never has, never did any type of street drug...
So Again what the heck????

So since of course the last job that he was at that went under,,was only part time..AND HIS WEEKLY UNEMPLOYMENT OF $3OO. A WEEK..
Plus my Disability SSI check of a whopping $500 a month,,,
OUR rent is $1300.00 a month!!! Not much left after that.

But some how we got backed up buying food!!!Paying My Co-pays for my monthly DR. VISITS, CO-PAYS on prescription medication....

After that and putting gas in his truck and in my car..the money is gone.

So we are now going on 4 months behind in rent...and even though our Landlord has been very patient even giving my husband a list of things to work on in house to deduct off rent...
The breaking point has to be coming!!!
I HAVE called, and called and emailed, and wrote to every single agency in our area they never even call back -Then believe it or not DSHS only gives us $16 a month in food stamps claiming we make too much money!!!!

So I really need advice, where else to turn what to do.......
All utility bills are late and I have been calling and crying and begging them not to turn our electric -water- cable-internet phones..off...

I so appreciate any ideas or hjelp.

Thanks for reading all this

Passion

Re: South King County Washington Desperation for rent/food/utili

Post by Passion »

I moved my family to the Seattle to get a better career since no one wanted to wait for me to relocate. I found work but I'm $1000 short of rent that was due on the first. I've been trying to get loans and borrow from friends to no avail. It will go to legal action this week and I'm at my wits end. I can pay everything back by tax return time at the latest I just need help now.