February rent help

Find how to get help with rent
Ranndyred
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

February rent help

Post by Ranndyred »

My husband has recently lost his job. I am having a hard time finding a job because I am pregnant and many employers don't want to waste their time training and working me because they will have to replace me when I have the baby. We also have a two year old child. Our landlord told us in the beginning that he could work with us on making payments, but now is in a hard spot himself and needs the money the 12th of each month, otherwise, we have to get out. Our monthly rent is $500. We are willing to do any work it takes to get these funds raised and are thankful for any help we can get. We pray daily and hope God blesses those who are helpful.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: February rent help

Post by Admin »

It is illegal for employers to discriminate against you for that. But yes, it is hard to prove. That rent is not very high. Can't unemployment pay most/all of it? If not, look for other resources and programs here, at our main resource for rent help and information. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
Ranndyred wrote:My husband has recently lost his job. I am having a hard time finding a job because I am pregnant and many employers don't want to waste their time training and working me because they will have to replace me when I have the baby. We also have a two year old child. Our landlord told us in the beginning that he could work with us on making payments, but now is in a hard spot himself and needs the money the 12th of each month, otherwise, we have to get out. Our monthly rent is $500. We are willing to do any work it takes to get these funds raised and are thankful for any help we can get. We pray daily and hope God blesses those who are helpful.
Gourmet

Post by Gourmet »

I currently need rental assistance for this past February. I have never needed help until now. I'm facing eviction because unable to work because husband had wreck 2 months ago and vehicle only had liability, not full-coverage, which put us out of vehicle. So if any assistance available on getting transportation with poor credit would be appreciated more than I can begin to express to you.
Muchado

Post by Muchado »

We have been living in horrible conditions & said that we would not pay the rent until they finally fixed the problems that we have been telling them about for years. (Broken Water Heater, Broken Stove, Busted Pipes under both the Kitchen & Bathroom Sinks which lead to Black Mold & Wood Rot, we had rats for months that they refused to take care of, we have no heating.) However, while not everything has been fixed, they served us a 3-Day Notice to either pay the rent or be out.
Now, I've lived here for over two years, and it's my understanding that they have to give us @ least 60 days if not 30. Furthermore, they amount that they are saying we owe is MUCH higher than what we actually owe. I should be able to prove that their numbers for December to February are wrong at the very least, but there are no paper trails proving our innocence for the rest. I don't know what to do in this situation or who to reach out to. If someone could get back to be with any information on programs/charities/etc. that could help us in this situation, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Cadillac

Post by Cadillac »

Greetings,
I am seeking assistance with paying my rent, I have recently been received an eviction notice. I was lost my job in March and I am currently going through an appeals process with the unemployment office. I have exhausted all my funds and I really need assistance.
ShannonW

Post by ShannonW »

Need short term help with my rent for February and possible March. On 2/8 I had spinal cord surgery and disability pays 1/2 of my salary. Unable to return to work yet and in order to keep my health insurance paying my portion and my boss’s portion with comes to about $450.00 a month. Just need help and reduction of stress while I recover. In San Bernardino area. Thank you.