Section 8 waiting list

Find how to get help with rent
Charlotte1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Section 8 waiting list

Post by Charlotte1 »

Hi, I live in Cape Girardeau Missouri, and I have been on the Section 8 waiting list for two years..but because I did not receive and turn back in the form I lost my spot. I am needing help on where to turn or if I am able to find help elsewhere. I am a single mother of a 1 and 2 yr old..so it's not that i am lazy and not trying to just get out and make my own rent..but I do work..and provide for my babies..but cant afford rent on my own yet. So that leaves us staying with my parents..which puts quite a burden on them. If you have any suggestions..please tell me. Thank you so very much!! Many Blessings
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Section 8 waiting list

Post by Admin »

That is great that you work, are trying to provide for you and your family and babies, and in general are just trying to get some short term help. You can find extensive information on section 8 housing vouchers, including in Cape Girardeau Missouri. Section 8 may be what you need as you will still need to pay some rent, but the amount owed is "capped" at 30% or of income. They can also help you find an apartment or home too.

Charlotte1 wrote:Hi, I live in Cape Girardeau Missouri, and I have been on the Section 8 waiting list for two years..but because I did not receive and turn back in the form I lost my spot. I am needing help on where to turn or if I am able to find help elsewhere. I am a single mother of a 1 and 2 yr old..so it's not that i am lazy and not trying to just get out and make my own rent..but I do work..and provide for my babies..but cant afford rent on my own yet. So that leaves us staying with my parents..which puts quite a burden on them. If you have any suggestions..please tell me. Thank you so very much!! Many Blessings
Francine

Post by Francine »

I need assistance i was looking on your website for few options in assistance i would like to know if you can help me I am a mother of 2 children and the father is currently not able to work he is on short term disabled, We struggle every month and our utilities always getting shut off ...always behind on rent, and have been evicted few times i
would like to get application for the Section 8 or the HUD program or the TBRA assistance program I am only making 1,200.00 month and EBT.780.00 our rent here is
over $1000 per month as we have the kids and for all utilities 200.00 I really need help i am in California in San Joaquin county God Bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That income of $1200 should qualify you for some government housing aid, and I think section 8 too. However there is usually a waiting list for section 8 vouchers. You should apply early, and be patient. Follow up on your application. In the meantime, here are assistance programs for San Joaquin and the nearby cities and towns. Call places like the Salvation Army, Stockton and Lodi Corps at (209) 948-8955 for extensive assistance with rent, utilities, etc.
Francine wrote:I need assistance i was looking on your website for few options in assistance i would like to know if you can help me I am a mother of 2 children and the father is currently not able to work he is on short term disabled, We struggle every month and our utilities always getting shut off ...always behind on rent, and have been evicted few times i
would like to get application for the Section 8 or the HUD program or the TBRA assistance program I am only making 1,200.00 month and EBT.780.00 our rent here is
over $1000 per month as we have the kids and for all utilities 200.00 I really need help i am in California in San Joaquin county God Bless
RonnieSmith

Post by RonnieSmith »

Please help me see where the rental subsidy or section 8 housing contact is for this county that does not have a waiting list? As I said - my day care is taken care of - I have enough food to eat until they get me food stamps going - but I am needing rent and electricity subsidy if it is available. I find it for Tuttle, Minco, Anadarko - which are kind of close to me in other parts of your website for housing - but nothing in my area or nothing even in Grady county when it comes to helping with that need.
So I don't know where to call to even get started. I had a friend help me with DHS - but DHS said they don't deal with HUD or rent subsidies - to just look on line. Which is where I found your website. It looks like from the link above there is food available - but I don't really need that assistance right now. Keeping a roof over my daughters head is the most important thing at this moment. Thanks so much for your help. I am trying to do what you say - but when I go to Grady County above is all I get. Am I still looking in the wrong place?
Bobbie13

Post by Bobbie13 »

I am a single mother of two and I am severely struggling and I am seeking help as soon as possible. I saw your website and I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I am on the Section 8 waiting list, and I am actively looking for a job but nothing has panned out as of yet.
I am seeking assistance to help pay for a place I am staying in because a friend of mine has helped me with their place. I am struggling trying to pay their rent and I need some help. Is there any way I can get more information about your program? Please contact me at your earliest convenience, I thank you and I appreciate your help. Thank you very much, have a blessed day.
Rested

Post by Rested »

My daughter and I do not qualify for any programs in our state, in fact we lived four years in a very small travel trailer waiting for section 8. Finally got there and no places in our area and not allowed to take it around the state so we lost it.
We presently live with family trying to get a loan for a bigger trailer and a truck. LOL no programs for that.
But what we need to get help with right now is our home school. My daughter is dyslexic and the public schools do not work with that. She also has social anxiety so has been home schooled her whole life. This year is just a very bit ....well a lot over budget especially if we can get help to get a travel trailer home.
Any guidance you can give will be gratefully appreciated,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you said, section 8 does not pay for a trailer. But there are other HUD programs in Wisconsin to try. Maybe they can help you and your daughter, and get her into a school that is safe and comfortable for her social anxiety,
Rested wrote:My daughter and I do not qualify for any programs in our state, in fact we lived four years in a very small travel trailer waiting for section 8. Finally got there and no places in our area and not allowed to take it around the state so we lost it.
We presently live with family trying to get a loan for a bigger trailer and a truck. LOL no programs for that.
But what we need to get help with right now is our home school. My daughter is dyslexic and the public schools do not work with that. She also has social anxiety so has been home schooled her whole life. This year is just a very bit ....well a lot over budget especially if we can get help to get a travel trailer home.
Any guidance you can give will be gratefully appreciated,