Rent&Deposit

Find how to get help with rent
GodsAngel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent&Deposit

Post by GodsAngel »

I'm curretly living in the state of Georgia right now with m three kids and we are living in an Extended Stay Hotel. I cannot afford to live here anymore, so I applied for an apartment which I got approved for but don't have the funds for the deposit nor to have the utilities cut on in my name. The location we applied for the apartment at is in Gwinette County (Duluth, GA).
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent&Deposit

Post by Admin »

How did you apply for the apartment? Was it section 8. If so, contact the agency in which you applied at. In addition, here are other Gwinnet County and Duluth housing assistance programs and agencies to call. While of course I am not sure if they will be able to help or have the funds, this at least gives you phone numbers and some options and non-profits to call.

GodsAngel wrote:I'm curretly living in the state of Georgia right now with m three kids and we are living in an Extended Stay Hotel. I cannot afford to live here anymore, so I applied for an apartment which I got approved for but don't have the funds for the deposit nor to have the utilities cut on in my name. The location we applied for the apartment at is in Gwinette County (Duluth, GA).
Rouse

Post by Rouse »

I am 39 years old and a single mom of 4 ages from 11,12,2,and 4 i am currently living in a one room camper in Portland Oregon. I am working fulltime but no matter how hard i work i cant never save enough to move me and my children into a apartment and i wanted to see if you or anyone you may know could help us i live in Portland in a camper right now i have found a 3 bedroon apartment that the landlord said he would work out something with me if i meet him friday the rent is 650.00 the deposit is 300.00 my light deposit is 500.00 and gas and water is 100.00 each i am just unable to come up with that much money at one time and he will not hold it forever for me to come up with all that money i know i can pay my monthly bills every month if only i could het help with all the deposits my kids start back to school i believe august 5th and i do not want them to begin school in Portland and then in a few week have to move to another school i have tryed everything housing authority everything and cant get no help i meeting this man monday 07-18-2011 to check out the detail i was just wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me with all these deposit and go a head and get me and my kids on in the apartment if so please please please help us we just need a small boost.
thank you for your time,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you need to get out of that camper and find a real home. Read about Portland Oregon assistance programs, including housing, homeless prevention, and rent. There are places like the Portland St. Vincent De Paul (phone number 503-235-8431) as well as St. Andrew Emergency Services. Dial (971) 244-0339
Rouse wrote:I am 39 years old and a single mom of 4 ages from 11,12,2,and 4 i am currently living in a one room camper in Portland Oregon. I am working fulltime but no matter how hard i work i cant never save enough to move me and my children into a apartment and i wanted to see if you or anyone you may know could help us i live in Portland in a camper right now i have found a 3 bedroon apartment that the landlord said he would work out something with me if i meet him friday the rent is 650.00 the deposit is 300.00 my light deposit is 500.00 and gas and water is 100.00 each i am just unable to come up with that much money at one time and he will not hold it forever for me to come up with all that money i know i can pay my monthly bills every month if only i could het help with all the deposits my kids start back to school i believe august 5th and i do not want them to begin school in Portland and then in a few week have to move to another school i have tryed everything housing authority everything and cant get no help i meeting this man monday 07-18-2011 to check out the detail i was just wondering if there was anyone out there that could help me with all these deposit and go a head and get me and my kids on in the apartment if so please please please help us we just need a small boost.
thank you for your time,
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

I NEED help with a security deposit. I am a 9/11 SURVIVOR, on SSD, BUT I NEED a onetime FINANCIAL assistance to obtain a permanent residence. I WORKED FOR 39 YEARS, AND I retired after becoming ILL after 9/11, I suffered a stroke last year, AND this year after a fall on the bathroom floor, I broke my ankle bone in three places, AND had to have two major surgeries.
Because of unforeseen circumstances, I recently found myself homeless, AND I HAVE even gone hungry, UNTIL I found this wonderful lady who works at the Council Of Aging, MEALS on wheels Section, AND has provided me and my service companion animals with food. GOD'S BLESSINGS THIS WONDERFUL LADY.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There may be some funds for a permanent residence. There are many of them to try in Tennessee. They include homeless prevention programs, security deposit help from non-profits, community action programs, and more. Read more. All sorts of places may be able to assist a low income family facing homelessness.