Help for storage costs for my belongings

Find how to get help with rent
LtDan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help for storage costs for my belongings

Post by LtDan »

Hi, I need some help paying my storage. It is going to be auctioned off June 27th if I don't pay it. I just got of a very abusive marriage and all of mine and my four young children stuff and important memories and papers are in there. It will cost me $250 to save it. I am in Bremerton/Kitsap county. Thank you for your help.
Lolli

Re: Help for storage costs for my belongings

Post by Lolli »

Myself, 34 years old & my son/2.5years old have become homeless and our stuff is in storage. I'm on lists for shelters from Snohomish to King County and call daily but there's nothing. I've used my cash assistance to rent temporary rooms off of craigslist but they all turn out to be not a good environment for my son or I can't afford to stay. I am number 393 been approved for section 8 housing and am awaiting my name to come up on list so we can get our belongings out of storage.
Until then I need some help and I read thru all the info on this site and it fits my needs perfectly. I would love to gain long term stability and financial security and build a bond between myself and my son that is strong and not without. Would also love to be able to provide all my son needs and wants in this world and not have to worry constantly where we will sleep for the night. Thank you for all the opportunity that you provide. I hope I fit what you are looking for.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to apply for a shelter in Snohomish County, did you also try the rent assistance programs? Now they normally do not pay for storage costs...but just maybe you can get some type of exception...we don't know. Just an idea. Maybe try applying for one here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Lolli wrote:Myself, 34 years old & my son/2.5years old have become homeless and our stuff is in storage. I'm on lists for shelters from Snohomish to King County and call daily but there's nothing. I've used my cash assistance to rent temporary rooms off of craigslist but they all turn out to be not a good environment for my son or I can't afford to stay.
Mike and Mike

Post by Mike and Mike »

I AM in bad of help to pay for my storage unit and my electric bill so I do not lose my belongings. Please let me know what you can do to help me with this matter. I need someone to get with me on Monday morning and I will give you a call if you can text me or call me back. If you don't get me leave me a message or a voicemail. Please on Monday evening my electric will be turn off in the storage unit and I have the information you will need to call or email them back that my I am getting in touch with you. It is an emergency for me to pay my storage costs to save my belonging so please let me know.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you in Kern County California? If so, we highly doubt any charity will help pay storage fees, much less electricity for a storage unit. But call around, see what you can find out. Must places in Bakersfield may require voice mail messages due to pandemic too. Read more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ogram.html
Mike and Mike wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 pm I AM in bad of help to pay for my storage unit and my electric bill so I do not lose my belongings. Please let me know what you can do to help me with this matter. I need someone to get with me on Monday morning and I will give you a call if you can text me or call me back. If you don't get me leave me a message or a voicemail. Please on Monday evening my electric will be turn off in the storage unit and I have the information you will need to call or email them back that my I am getting in touch with you. It is an emergency for me to pay my storage costs to save my belonging so please let me know.
Danny

Post by Danny »

Hello, my name is Roxanne, currently staying with my parents in Charles County, Maryland and I need help paying storage for my belonging.
I am medically disabled w/an array of issues and w/out any income of my own, not even Social Security. My husband, Terrence Baker has been the sole support for our family, which includes our 14 year old son. Terry was laid off from the Sheet Metal Workers Union when Covid hit in early 2020 and was not called back to work until over a year of being out. He returned to work in March 2021 only to be laid off again at the end of August 2021. He was sent out of state this past summer to another local needing temporary help for about 2 months. We've done all we can to keep up but were already struggling when Covid hit and devastated since, losing our vehicle to repossession, evicted from our home, and exhausted all financial resources attempting to keep up.
Unfortunately, being evicted, temporarily staying with family and not even having a room of our own forced us to put all we had including most of our clothing into storage. Aside from our being for the most part homeless and completely broke, we are now going to lose the only belongings we have left to auction in days if we can't find help in paying our storage bills. This may seem like a ridiculous request given our circumstances and the fact of material items being replaceable, our family, our son has already lost so much and some things can't be replaced, such as family photos and memorabilia.
We don't even have warm clothing, much less our coats, our lives all packed up and locked in storage. We need help paying the storage costs for those belonging. I don't know if this is something that your organization can or does help with but I am at a complete loss as to who/where to contact for help, especially for something like this. We have done all we could up to this point to keep our heads above water so to speak but are now drowning. Please, If there is anything you can do to help and/or direct us to someone who can we would be extremely grateful. Please if someone could contact me back I would greatly appreciate it and thank you so much for your time.