Does the DHS have mortgage programs?

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Julia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Does the DHS have mortgage programs?

Post by Julia »

My home is being foreclosed on due to property taxes. I am current with my monthly obligation towards shelter expenses however due to intercommunication my taxes are owed and the city of port Huron will claim the home very near in the future.
I've asked DHS for assistance and can provide that on each occasion that I've requested it as well as the community action center but their requirements disqualified me due to it being a land contract. I am just now beginning to get on my feet and still struggle with my utilities however have been able to stay afloat and now with income stability should make the situation a better one except If they take my home then my children and I are back to square one. If anyone could help I would appreciate it greatly.
Gamble Huff
anti spam: Blue

Re: Does the DHS have mortgage programs?

Post by Gamble Huff »

I'm not sure if I'm sending this to the correct DHS place or not. If not hopefully you can help me get it to the right people.
I currently live in a low income apartment complex with my fiancé and one year old daughter. As well we are expecting our 2nd in October. We've been through a rough patch lately with health issues for me and my work has cut hours a lot.
I am currently going through some interviews and job searches with no luck yet. I will receive a 3 day eviction notice within the next 48 hours and they will add a $100 late fee to the amount. I am seeking some temporary housing or mortgage assistance from DHS until we can get back up on our feet. The last 2 weeks I've been able to pick up one extra day for a few hours more a week. Which average probably 20-25 hours a week. Sometimes I get lucky and get 5-10 more hours a week but lately it's been rare. Plus my medical problems sometimes make it so I can't work at all sometimes a whole work week.
So if there is anything you can do to help I would really appreciate it. I just don't have another route to take or anywhere to go if we get evicted.
Please get back to my as soon as you can. And thank you
My dad died November 1 2014. My sister is on SSI and I'm a student. Dad left us in a house without any money. I've been trying to find work and my sister only gets 733.00 a month from SSI. We are facing a bad situation and owe the banks over 10,000. The house wasn't paid off and it will be facing foreclosure. Please help us.
Sincerely,
Janedoe

Re: Does the DHS have mortgage programs?

Post by Janedoe »

Good morning,
I am unsure if you do this or not - the DHS help pay a mortgage. However, being pointed in the right direction by the DHS would be appreciated as well.
I am a single mother of 2 young children and in the process of a divorce from their abusive father. I was finally able to legally remove him from the house but he did not leave the house in very good condition.
We have barely working plumbing in the house. After I spent the mortgage payment and bill payment on plumbers (and hotel rooms) that wouldn't listen to me when I would tell them what the previous plumber told me. I am pretty much out of options for the mortgage and now turning to DHS. The children's father knows of the situation in full detail but is downright refusing to help.
All I need is a small section of sewer pipe replaced (roots have taken over). The house was built in 1959. The long stretch of pipe going to the road was replaced with PVC. It's the small section under the house that needs to be replaced.